Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My experience with Twitter and Considering its Educational applications

I got a Twitter account some time last year or so. Just to see what all the buzz was about. I actually learned a few tricks about it from my mother. Since then I've tweeted 86 times (mainly retweets if memory serves me correctly) and then checked it sparingly to see what stuff people are posting. I have learned things from reading Twitter posts and following links there in. That being said I've done the same on other social media sites as well.

Could Twitter be useful for education? I think it could but it would need to be closely monitored.

Is Twitter the type of social media students would gravitate towards? I'm not sure.

Is Twitter an "old person" social media or a "teen" social media site? Again I'm not sure.

On one hand if Twitter is an "old person" social media site then teachers might be able to use it in the class room and keep the students Twitter accounts strictly academic.

On the other hand if Twitter is a "teen" social media due to the amount of celebrities you can follow it might prove to difficult to manage to maintain an academic environment for learning.

Well that is what I think. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Twitter is developing. By the development of social media, Twitter may have more new useful fuctions.

    ReplyDelete